Re: [Social-discuss] PHP-Based GNU Social structure

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] PHP-Based GNU Social structure
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:20:51 -0400

The people who cannot run a daemon are certainly a subclass of people who
cannot run a GLAMP stack. From the point of view of the user who does not wish
to install software locally/persistantly, the models are equal. From the POV of
a user who does want to run software locally, the model that does not involve a
full GLAMP stack is simpler and more secure.

There is no reason why the interface to the daemon cannot be a GLAMP
application. If there is a fork and two core daemons are written, one in PHP as
a GLAMP application and one as a C program, if the protocol is well-defined,
the same GLAMP UI should work with both. I believe I even mentioned a web-based
UI in the first email in this thread.

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9. Please excuse lack of OpenPGP signature
and brevity.