[Social-discuss] Upgrading from Statusnet to GNU Social - when can users

From: Michael Vogel
Subject: [Social-discuss] Upgrading from Statusnet to GNU Social - when can users work with it?
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 23:13:58 +0200

Hi!

Currently I'm upgrading my old Statusnet instance to GNU Social stable.

The upgrade script is now running for more than 24 hours and is still
converting entries of the "file" table. It seems as if this will last
for another week.

So the question is: Is it already safe for my users to work on my
instance although it is only upgraded half way?

Will it work - with the limitation that old data won't be accessible?

I don't like to shut down my instance for more than one week, so I would
like to use any possible shortcut.

Michael