Re: [Social-discuss] Upgrading from Statusnet to GNU Social - when can u

From: Michael Vogel
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Upgrading from Statusnet to GNU Social - when can users work with it?
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 18:29:07 +0200

Hi!

On 2017-07-19 11:05, Michael Vogel wrote:
| Shortening url entry for file id: 259624 [
| Deleting duplicate entries of too long URL on file id: 259624 [....

[...]

I have the feeling that there is some bug in the deletion of duplicated
entries, can you confirm this?

That doesn't sound right, unless all the deleted entries are duplicates
up to 191 characters. Some URLs are actually really long and more URLs
to the same page may very well exceed 191 characters.
So one question: Are you sure it's _every other_ File entry and not just
very similar once in a large quantity?

I'm totally sure. It deleted the first 200k entries until I stopped the script. I checked the content of the deleted entries and there were no similarities.

If so, it surely is a bug. Maybe the output should show which URLs are
being deleted so debugging this would be easier remotely.

I executed the query by hand that showed me the 4 long file entries with duplicates. Then I simply deleted the duplicate entries, then it skipped that part after I executed the upgrade script again.

The problem has to be the query that fetches all entries that are duplicates - although this query looks fine to me.

Michael