Re: [Social-discuss] Upgrading from Statusnet to GNU Social - when can u

From: Michael Vogel
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Upgrading from Statusnet to GNU Social - when can users work with it?
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:05:27 +0200

Hi!

Am 18.07.2017 14:22, schrieb Mikael Nordfeldth:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:13:58PM +0200, Michael Vogel wrote:
The upgrade script is now running for more than 24 hours and is still
converting entries of the "file" table. It seems as if this will last
for another week.

Aye, there's a lot of "files"...
Once the upgrade has passed db schema upgrades it should be perfectly
safe to use it, after which just a bunch of tidying up is done.

What's the latest log output? If it's done with the "urlhash" fields,
I think you're safe to run the instance with the new code.

I'm currently slightly confused about this conversion. When the upgrade is started it is telling this:

| Found old file table, upgrading it to contain 'urlhash' field...
| Found 4 URLs with too long entries in file table
|
| Shortening url entry for file id: 259624 [
| Deleting duplicate entries of too long URL on file id: 259624 [....

In fact the script seems to have created a new entry as a replacement for the file id 259624 and is deleting *every* other file id (currently more than 100,000)

I have the feeling that there is some bug in the deletion of duplicated entries, can you confirm this?

Michael