Re: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm

From: Bob Farrell
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:25:46 +0000

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:15:17PM +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> In case of using workaround, then instead of recompiling SBCL for
> StumpWM I'd prefer using clisp Debian package.  But it didn't work for
> me too -- again, is the problem known or should it be reported to CLISP
> developers?

For what it's worth, I ran StumpWM with the debian sid SBCL package
(i.e. threaded) for months without any problems. I run Clisp now (it
takes a little bit of twiddling to get it working, so if you can't
figure it out, you should probably come and harass someone on IRC) and
it loads noticeably faster but, other than that, it's basically the same
as it was before.

A lot of people seem to have trouble with SBCL threads so it'd perhaps
be useful to try and find out if there's any singular difference between
the setups of those who have problems and those who don't. Unfortunately
that's more the responsibility of the SBCL devs/users than it is of
StumpWM's. Besides, you're the first person I've heard complaining about
the idea of building a custom, non-threaded SBCL. ;-)
--
Bob Farrell