[STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:58:03 +0100

    LC> Could you report the problem to the Debian BTS [1], please?
    LC> Possibly with reportbug [2] (there's also an emacs interface in
    LC> debian-el [3]) and specifying which SBCL versions you tried and
    LC> how to reproduce it.

I'll definitely report the problem once I'm able to reproduce it in some
less or more systematic way.

    LC> I experienced some problems with the mode-line, specifically
    LC> when it contains functions that call `run-shell-command' [4].

Thanks for mentioning this.  I used run-shell-command in my mode line
functions, this might be a clue.

    LC> This is quite simple, but not my advice: every time a new SBCL
    LC> version is uploaded to Debian, you need to recompile it.
    >>
    >> Well, I'll probably have to do it.

    LC> I'm for avoiding it.

Right! :-) I run now Debian standard SBCL 1.0.13 (multithreaded) with
swank and it works.  I've enabled StumpWM standard mode line a while
ago.  If it survives I'll add some custom timer tomorrow and later a
timer with run-shell-command.  And so on until it starts crashing.  This
way I hope to isolate the source of the problem and find a way to
reproduce it without actually running StumpWM.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal