Re: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm

From: Luca Capello
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Re: Lisp crashes with stumpwm
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 23:11:07 +0100

Hi Milan!

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:07:05 +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>     LC> Today Peter Van Eynde uploaded SBCL-1.0.13 to unstable, can you
>     LC> check if the problem persists, please?
>
> Yes, it persists. :-(

Could you report the problem to the Debian BTS [1], please?  Possibly
with reportbug [2] (there's also an emacs interface in debian-el [3])
and specifying which SBCL versions you tried and how to reproduce it.

>     LC> It would be interesting to know if your problem is also present
>     LC> in the Debian StumpWM package, can you check it, please?
>
> IIRC it was there, this was the first StumpWM I started with.

I experienced some problems with the mode-line, specifically when it
contains functions that call `run-shell-command' [4].  This was the main
reason I developed the `format-time-string' patch [5].  I don't
remember, however, why I stopped using the mode-line, then :-(

>     LC> This is quite simple, but not my advice: every time a new SBCL
>     LC> version is uploaded to Debian, you need to recompile it.
>
> Well, I'll probably have to do it.

I'm for avoiding it.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca