Re: [swarm-hackers] Infrastructure for GSoC projects

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] Infrastructure for GSoC projects
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:04:03 -0400

On Apr 26, 2008, at 3:41 PM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

Ok. Maybe the SDG should just once and for all move to mercurial or git? Thoughts anyone?
I mostly have been using SVN, but I'm almost always online.

I like CVS, I like SVN better, don't know anything about mercurial or git. I'm a little hesitant about converting the whole Swarm repository, or moving it, maybe later but I vote for not right now, especially right before the whole summer project crunch. I would prefer to avoid the churn and focus on coding.

As for SoC students, I say feel free to use whatever you want, make a local repository for yourself and submit patches, or work with the Swarm CVS repository, whatever is best for your workflow.

cheers
Scott