Re: [swarm-hackers] libtool, CDPATH

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] libtool, CDPATH
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:50:35 -0400

On Apr 26, 2008, at 4:45 PM, Scott Christley wrote:

This allowed me to run autogen.sh without error, though when I do the configure I still get the CDPATH error, but it doesn't seem to prevent Swarm from compiling.

It looks like the issue is that "zsh" is needed, this shell isn't installed by default on Fedora 8. When I install it and try configure, it no longer gives the CDPATH error but instead says that libtool cannot be found:

./configure: line 11417: ./libtool: No such file or directory

This comes from the command to set SHLIBPATH_VAR in configure.in, oddly though configure.in should be setting up ./libtool as the command beforehand is AC_PROG_LIBTOOL, so I don't understand why ./ libtool is not found. I guess the actual creation of the ./libtool file must occur later in configure.

If I run configure a second time, of course ./libtool is now there so no more error.

cheers
Scott