[swarm-hackers] Can somebody declare a CVS "version" that works?

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: [swarm-hackers] Can somebody declare a CVS "version" that works?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:01:14 -0500

Hello, it is Grampa Johnson back to greet you warmly!

I'm trying to get back in the Swarm support game by building RPMS and Debian packages. Are we still using the Savannah CVS server? I just did "cvs update" in my working directory and the VERSION file still says 2.2.4. That can't be right, can it? Can anybody who is in the know please set a version number and create a marker (or whatever that is called in cvs to signify a working state) and let me know its name? Or plop out a tar.gz file I can use as "pristine source."

To build packages for Fedora 9 and tcl/tk 8.5, I realize I'll need to apply the patch that Marcus posted last week.

I will also need to install Fedora 9, come to think of it.

A user has contacted me about building an RPM for new SUSE and she will create an account for me in about 2 weeks, and so I'll have RPM for Suse then.

Dept. of Political Science            http://pj.freefaculty.org
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504