Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Something Glen said

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Something Glen said
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:24:32 -0700

glen e. p. ropella wrote:
It is unethical for the
SDG to fund them through a private, no-bid, negotiation using tax-free
donations.
Unless I am mistaken, it common for non-profits (and governments) to have some threshold for which contracts must be put out to bid, and that it is up to the organization in most circumstances to decide this for itself what this threshold is. Organizations that have that an amount unsuitable for a few hours of labor, would typically have a procedure for sole source contracts. Further directors with an interest in the decision will typically bow out of related votes as I did. Do you have factual evidence that the SDG is guilty of more than just having a sketchy set of policies and procedures? As a director to the SDG, I advise them mostly on technical matters. Others advise on scientific matters or organizational matters. I'm not ethically obligated to be positive about everything the SDG does or heroically intervene when I'm not.

Keeping it real,

Marcus