Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Something Glen said

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Something Glen said
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 17:00:49 -0800

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> decision will typically bow out of related votes as I did.   Do you have
> factual evidence that the SDG is guilty of more than just having a
> sketchy set of policies and procedures?

I believe what the SDG did was unethical.  I have factual evidence of
what it did, which was award a closed-door no-bid contract to one of its
board members.  Nobody else on the board thought the award was
unethical.  That's fine by me.  I resigned so that I could avoid being
involved in that sort of behavior.  No other action was necessary.

You guys go ahead and engage in your private negotiations and award
yourselves contracts.  That part of the SDG no longer affects me except
as a tax payer.

I still (for some bizarre reason ;-) care what becomes of Swarm,
however.  So, I expect to participate on these lists and in any
_progressive_ and useful development activity.  And I remain
opinionated, unfortunately.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under
robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. -- C. S. Lewis