Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 10:57:07 +0100

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 08:38:45AM +0000, John B wrote:
> I love playing around with toys and trying to make them better. It beats
> sudoku.  But I am not going to surreptitiously steal the software but on
> the cooperative flip side of that coin, I don't want to release my code,
> either.

After reading your side of the story, I have the feeling that keeping my
parts of TinyCC as LGPL was the right choice.

TinyCC is a small project with very few active developers. If your product
uses TinyCC, you should feel the responsibility of committing improvements
you made back the main project. (If on the other hand your product consists
mainly of a modified version of TinyCC, you can try to convince us by
offering a share of your earnings. ;)

Best regards,

  Daniel