Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.

From: John B
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:01:04 +0000

@ Stephan,

Thank you for your email.  I guess I was hoping for a different outcome, lol.  I know what you are saying but I thought I could ask anyway.  Also I was hoping maybe a previous version of it that didn't include as many devs on-boarding from the 2013 version could be changed.  Thus nulling out the sign-off on devs that came afterwards.  But I can't really speak to that, just putting ideas out there.

Another point isn't so much getting what I want, this minute, today, either.  A part of it is opening up the discussion and seeing what the future releases may hold.  tinycc is something I can use for years so I am in no hurry and for now luajit has proven OK, but it is not my first choice.

Despite the implications that I am a bad person for asking, I think the discussion is healthy for the project.  Because bsd license I believe would be 100x healthier for the project.  People would absolutely contribute back, but in a de-identified way.  I Absolutely believe this.