Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.

From: KHMan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] License is too restrictive for real-world use.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 20:10:41 +0800

On 3/2/2016 7:01 PM, John B wrote:
@ Stephan,
[snip]
Despite the implications that I am a bad person for asking, I
think the discussion is healthy for the project.  Because bsd
license I believe would be 100x healthier for the project.  People
would absolutely contribute back, but in a de-identified way.
  I Absolutely believe this.

No, in 13 years I've been hanging around here there is just a severe lack of resources. If the market had real interest and resources for a BSD/MIT licensed tinycc thing, then someone would be done it a long time ago. It would have been much easier to start from scratch as BSD/MIT rather than try to switch this license.

But guess what? No resources. Nobody with gobs of time to expend. So, not going to happen, unless someone gets up and engage in a few man-years of work to make it happen. LuaJIT is a one-person project too. Sure LLVM has plenty of resources, but tinycc is in a different niche.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)