Re: [Traverso-devel] Fade View classes added to CVS

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Fade View classes added to CVS
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:41:18 +0200

> Due the design of the contextual interface, most actions can be applied
> directly on the fadeview too!
> (See <Q> on the fadeview, thats the one painted in the Clip)

In fact, it's not applied to the fadeview but to the FadeCurve directly!

In this particular case, the FadeContextualDialog act's as a "zoomed in" view.
I think it would even be possible (in future) to ask the SongView to render
the part of the FadeView to a pixmap (including the audioClipView part), and
use that as the background in the dialog, and use the FadeView class also in
the Dialog instead of the FadeContextDialogView class, which is mostly a copy
of the code in FadeView....

That would really rock :-)

Of course, a Dialog for an equalizer or other plugin doesn't have this "zoomed
in" idea, but at least for Fades it would be a very nice idea, what do you
think ?

Greetings,