vile

Has anyone tried compiling vile in termux?

From: Chris Green
Subject: Has anyone tried compiling vile in termux?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 15:26:06 +0100

I am just discovering termux on my Android phone, it's a remarkably
complete Linux command line system.  It runs an apt type package
environment and can do most things one can do on any old Linux system
from the command line.

It has vim but I find that confuses me as soon as I move to 'more
advanced' commands as I'm so used to vile now.

Has anyone tried building vile under termux?  It has a cc, make, etc. :-

    u0_a166@bison$ which cc
    /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/cc
    u0_a166@bison$ cc --version
    clang version 12.0.0
    Target: aarch64-unknown-linux-android24
    Thread model: posix
    InstalledDir: /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin
    u0_a166@bison$ which make
    /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/make
    u0_a166@bison$ make --version
    GNU Make 4.3
    Built for aarch64-unknown-linux-android
    Copyright (C) 1988-2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

A web search hasn't revealed anything, maybe I'll try myself (it's a
*long* time since I built vile!).

--
Chris Green