vile

Re: Has anyone tried compiling vile in termux?

From: Chris Green
Subject: Re: Has anyone tried compiling vile in termux?
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:17:43 +0100

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 04:04:38PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
>     u0_a166@bison$ ./vile
>     Bad system call

OK, a quick web search has found a solution, it runs OK in a chroot
environment:-

    u0_a166@bison$ termux-chroot ./vile

I think I now need to rearrange things a bit so I always run termux in
a termux-root[ed] enviroment.

But anyway that was actually remarkably painless, not a single missing
library and the fixes needed were fairly trivial.  I'm now even more
impressed with both termux and vile! :-)

Sorry for all the noise!

--
Chris Green