vrs-development

[Vrs-development] Scalability

From: Chris Smith
Subject: [Vrs-development] Scalability
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:53:44 +0100

I ment to mention last week about scaling in the VRS.

It was always intended that the VRS would be of a finite size (of 2+ LDS's).
Which LDS's were part of a VRS was contolled by the 'VRS administrator' -
Thus Bill and I saw no problems with the finite Domain handling of Goldwater.

I think the 'finite size' requirement of the VRS might not have been picked
up in discussions everyone else has been having....

[However, I've looking beyond this in terms of Goldwater as an application,
and been keeping an open mind wrt having Goldwater handle receive-and-forward
requests... and I'm still thinking about this.  This *might* (no promises)
allow Goldwater to route messages to Domains to which it is not directly
connected, using a multi-hop... but it relies on the application to know
where it wants to send the message....]

chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.