www-it-traduzioni

Re: Fuzzy POs

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: Fuzzy POs
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 15:25:14 +0200

Hi Dora,

Le 15/10/2021 à 14:38, Dora Scilipoti a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I was going to answer Thérèse's previos post, the one where she attached
> copyright-and-globalization.diff and asks some questions. But she seems
> to have already got the answers, I'm not sure. Now there are more
> questions.
>
> The thing is, in some cases there are no fixed answers. No fixed rules.
> In practice, what the Italian team should do at some point is to
> elaborate a "manual of style" and stick to it for coherence across the
> Italian pages.
>
> That requires time for discussion and research.
>
> To me, the priority now is to update the fuzzy pages, but of course
> Italians in the list may want to keep discussing these issues with
> Thérèse. I'm sorry I can't participate in that process right now.

I think I'm ready to commit everything.

All the speech quotes are now taken care of. When there is nothing after
the quote, it is introduced by a colon and ends with a full stop. When
the quoted text is part of a longer sentence, there is no colon.
If any adjustments are needed, you can search for '«' (all speech
after the quote).

When the quoted text is a link, the quotes are within the <a> element,
except in the menu of words-to-avoid.

I added '[...]' at the beginning and end of some incomplete quotations,
but probably missed a few.

Thanks again for your help!