Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze
Date: 26 Apr 2002 15:12:51 +0200

> My brethren and sistren, get
> http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/files/adonthell_win.zip
> or be doomed to eternal suffering in the deepest pits of hell.

I can already feel the heat of hell. When the warning is emitted, im
complains about not being able to find the _sre module, which for sure
is included, however!

So as the OS of Chaos doesn't tolerate any warning, I've updated
http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/wastesedge-win.zip not to produce
any warning and tried with it. The title screen appears, but
gamedata_load(0) fails (gamedata_load_characters(0) actually), and of
course gamedata_player() returns None, to my despair (complete log
posted on adonthell-devel).

While exactly the same works under the OS of the Nordic Twilight. What
the feuque, if I may say so??

Ah, my ardour made me forget to appropriately rename the Waste's Edge
directory. So after extraction, please rename "wastesedge-0.3.2pre1" to
"wastesedge".

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org