Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze

From: Benjamin Walther-Franks
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:14:13 +0200

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:59:53PM +0200, Kai Sterker wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:47:56 +0200 Benjamin Walther-Franks wrote:
>
> > But I'm really sorry to say that there is a bug at the end of the
> > game. It didn't spoil my happiness, though! :)
>
> I guess so :). Did you play it all since Bavinchove last year?
>
> Btw., I think I found the culprit: copy the attached file into
> games/wastesedge/dialogues/. Then it should work.

Er... still doesn't work. I copied the file you attached  into
C:\share\adonthell\games\wastesedge\scripts\dialogues, thus replacing the old
jelom_2nd.py. Then opened Wastesedge again.
It crashes at exactly the same place: you convince Erek to take you down, get a
short view of Bjarn's room, then the view goes back to the place where you
talked to Erek (upstairs). The dialogue with Bjarn continues until the
following scene:

Bjarn: "I think that " theft" is a better word for it than disappearance."

Player: "Theft, then, if you prefer. Call it what you may, I would like to
recover the gems and clear Lady Silverhair's name. Would you mind answering a
few questions or two?"

Upon pressing return here, the Program closes down.

The stderr.txt still reads

Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

The stdout.txt doesn't contain anything.

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

BEN