Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze
Date: 28 Apr 2002 21:04:00 +0200

> > > Could it be, that you messed jelom_2nd.py as well? :)
> >
> > Well, I found that it needs some more adjusting to the new engine, but
> > as such it is okay.
>
> That was the problem after all. I was just too stupid to run make in my
> wastesedge CVS directory after changing the dialogue. Therefore, I
> always installed the old compiled dialogue and the crash remained ;).
>
> Still I haven't figured out how to prevent it from crashing even if the
> dialogue is messed up. However, dlgedit is now able to detect that
> source of error, so it shouldn't happen again.
>
> I also fixed slight problems with a couple of other dialogues that
> occured while I was playing.

Seems to have fixed! What was wrong exactly? Sounds not to be very
straightforward...

Anyway, I've been able to finish Waste's Edge. Now that I look at it
with a more distant eye, I quite enjoyed playing it (even though it
wasn't the first time! :)) The story is quite unconventionnal, and some
parts of the dialogues are really hilarous.

Anyway! I've just burnt a CDRW that I'll take at univ tomorrow. It
contains a single .zip file that you will be able to unpack anywhere,
and will allow you to play in 640x480 this time! This time, you should
have a 100% success ratio at launching it. Had no time to look at the HW
acceleration & fullscreen issue yet - but it looks like my DLL wasn't
guilty, as with Joseph's one it just behave the same way. Will
concentrate on this issue now!

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org