Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:00:16 +0200

On 26 Apr 2002 20:34:13 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Because of this, I suggest we put a 'Configure Adonthell' entry in the
> Start menu, that would popup the notepad with the configuration file.
> The comments make it very straightforward to edit.

Don't know if anyone really needs to edit the config file ;).
<troll
>Besides, what editor would you want to pop up on Un*x? vi?
</troll>

I think a README that is displayed by the installer is nearly as
efficient. And when Joel finishes the new window system we make a proper
gui for configuring all aspects of the game.

> About the option entry itself, how about blasting it off?

Hm. I don't mind. It should be obvious that the option is unavailable as
it is unreachable, but if you feel more comfortable if it is completely
removed, then feel free.

> Ah, also. When testing under Windows, I've noticed that the Python
> console doesn't close, neither with Tab, nor with Shift-tab. If it is
> possible, I propose we remap the key to '²' which is the console key
> on most games. Or remove the Python console completely, but it's a
> funny way to hack Adonthell :)

You can't remove the console! (At least not before v1.0) I don't know
whether remapping the key will work though. The problem is that the text
entry grabs most key presses before they make it to the update method.
But again, feel free to try it :).