Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Waste's Edge for Windoze
Date: 26 Apr 2002 20:34:13 +0200

> Btw., I think I found the culprit: copy the attached file into
> games/wastesedge/dialogues/. Then it should work.

Ben, could you please confirm it works after trying? There has been some
mess since my big yesterday's change, so I prefer we carefully check
every single details (looked like a typo, from the stdout.txt).

> > And, the options from the start menu don't work. Is that meant to be?
>
> Yeah, there's no options GUI yet.

Because of this, I suggest we put a 'Configure Adonthell' entry in the
Start menu, that would popup the notepad with the configuration file.
The comments make it very straightforward to edit.

About the option entry itself, how about blasting it off? I suggested
once to replace it with an in-game help. Nothing really complicated,
just another Python module that would popup a Window with some text. All
in all, 20 minutes of coding, nothing more. On the other hand, the po
file would change, and translators wouldn't have the latest version.
Well, that's not very important anyway, never mind.

Ah, also. When testing under Windows, I've noticed that the Python
console doesn't close, neither with Tab, nor with Shift-tab. If it is
possible, I propose we remap the key to '²' which is the console key on
most games. Or remove the Python console completely, but it's a funny
way to hack Adonthell :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org