bontz-team

Re: [Bontz-team] mpeg, new character

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: Re: [Bontz-team] mpeg, new character
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:06:19 -0700 (PDT)

I could easily be talked into 800x600 or even
1024x768, but if we want to eventually target
dreamcast/ps2 or anything that would play on a tv,
640x480's about all we've got.  Plus, for video, going
higher than that munches up quite a nasty bit of
space.

My monitor, an lcd, is 1280x1024 but displays lower
resolutions better than one would expect an lcd to.
So I know what you mean about nice high resolutions,
but we don't want our characters to either be too tiny
on-screen or to have to render how many zillion frames
at higher resolution, I don't think.

I guess the playing-bontz-on-a-tv possibility makes me
feel like sticking to 640x480, but if that cramps your
style at some point, you could probably talk me into
going up a notch or two.

That's the problem with an old-style raster graphics
game like this, resolutions' gotta be sort of locked.