Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?

From: gregory j. rosmaita
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:55:29 -0500 (EST)

aloha filip!

> > so why not define shift-V as go-to-list-of-bookmark-files?
>
> Greetings. As far as I know - lynx don't care about case. Most items
> in the switch () are of the form:
>
> case 'A':
> case 'a': blah...
>
> So, both "V" and "Shift-V" bring it up. Do you want something different?

how true is this, because it was my understanding that lowercase 's' and
uppercase 'S' perform (marginally) different tasks (i.e. case-insensitive
an case-sensitive database querying), just as lowercase 'q' and uppercase
'Q' perform similar, but slightly different, tasks (querying the user if
he/she wans to quit or quitting unconditionally)...

am i way off base here?  how exactly does this work, fote/rob/al/bela/anyone?

is shift-V a viable option?  couldn't it raise a multiple-bookmarks page
which would, after all, most likely be an ordered or unordered list (i.e.
a bookmark of bookmarks)?

gregory.

        temporary URL: http://www.njin.net/caldwell/books/books1.html
        permanent URL: http://nfbcal.org/books