Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV New code for testing
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:05:31 -0400 (EDT)

I built it on linux as the last time I tried bsdi it didn't configure...
(don't know if that's fixed yet)

Here are some comments:
I configured it as followed:
        configure --with-screen=slang --prefix=$HOME
It configured and built fine, but when I ran it it looked for lynx.cfg
in /usr/local/lib instead of $HOME/lib.  I think if configure is going
to intall things in $prefix/{bin,lib,man} then it should also configure
the software to build that way so you don't have to edit userdefs.h.

Also, when you unzip the source, it puts everything in lynx2-7-1/
It'd be nice if it unpacked in lynx3.0 or something so it wouldn't
clobber my old source.

Now as for the new parsing stuff,
I tried it on http://www.atitech.ca/
and it worked great; all problems fixed.

However, I then tried it on
        http://www.voicenet.com/~leaves/file.html
(one of the pages with the form parsing problem) and it completely
screwed up.  SELECT options were printed as normal text.
I tried it on
        http://www.voicenet.com/~leaves/f.html
(same file with the bad html fixed) and it still complained about
bad html and dumped all the select options.

Anyway, the most important parsing fix for my purposes is the form bug fix.
So if/when that's working I'll consider trying it again...
--le
;
;