LYNX-DEV WHEREIS search changes

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: LYNX-DEV WHEREIS search changes
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 21:55:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

> > From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
> > `Noticed' that the word being searched for no longer is unconditionally
> > positioned at the top of the page.  I don't do within-document searches
> > a lot, but having the words further down in the page makes picking them
> > out easier in my opinion.  Although a completely different mod, the use
> > of slang color #7 for the whereis string is also very nice.
>
> Well, I agree that using slang color 7 is better than just underlining...
> However, I find positioning the match further down on the screen makes it
> harder for me to find the it. [...]

Recorded at <URL:http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html>:

 * (Suggested by Al Gilman) When Lynx finds a match doing a '/'
   where_is search, could it position the first hit somewhere _below_ the
   top line of the screen? (Bad for visually-impaired Lynx users, though.)

It makes for example searching the lynx-dev archives by author more
convenient.

I made "somewhere below the top line" rather arbitrarily, "up to one third
screenful down from the top".  It could easily be changed to "up to 3 lines
down from the top" or a different number.

   Klaus

;
;