Re: LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 05:15:28 -0500 (EST)

>  > I think it should be the latter even if --with-config-file is not
>  > specified.  --with-config-file would only be needed if you
>  > put lynx.cfg in a weird place like /etc.
>  > Does anyone disagree?
>
> Not at all. I'd rather consider the present behavior an irritating bug
> in the autoconf setup.
previous versions of autoconf defaulted --exec-prefix from the value of
--prefix, making it easier to use (I don't know why it was changed).
As far as standards go, it really shouldn't be under libdir, but under
the data directory, but that's a different path altogether which would
confuse even more people.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden