Re: lynx-dev http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:02:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Louis Epstein wrote:

> > It would help if you gave the full URL that is giving you trouble.
> > A recent development version doesn't have trouble getting to
> > "http://www.surplusauction.com/images/high_bidders.gif";.
> >                              Doug
>
> An example...
> http://www.surplusauction.com/wc.dll?Lots~Info~90419A-ME5601&UID=DF1
> has,for Lynx 2.6,a functioning link "Click here to view high bidders list"
> http://www.surplusauction.com/wc.dll?Lots~Info~90419A-ME5601~HI&UID=DF1
>
> but in 2.8.1 the "Click here..." is dead text,not a link.
> (This is typical of lots).

You need to turn on "image links". While in lynx, you control
this with the "*" key. It can also be set from your .lynxrc
file via the options page or from the lynx.cfg file with
"MAKE_LINKS_FOR_ALL_IMAGES". The command line switch "-image_links"
also toggles this. I keep this turned on all the time, only turning it
off if the screen is too cluttered. It also controls whether or not
the links are shown with the "A" or "L" commands.
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)