lynx-dev cookie flags (was: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev cookie flags (was: http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/html/todo-list.html)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:53:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
> 18-Apr-99 08:34 Klaus Weide wrote:
>
> > There is now -accept_all_cookies and ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES.  Note that
> > the -cookies flag does NOT do this, the second sentence is wrong.
> > (-cookies is an overall flag to turn accepting of cookies on or
> > completely off.)
>
> I think accept_all_cookies:TRUE  should force cookies:TRUE
> In fact the choice from option menu (3 states) is more intuitive
> then setting these two separate settings (4 states),
> and the accept_all_cookies: TRUE and cookies:FALSE is of a little sence.

Well, -cookies is a one-stop solution to toggle all cookie receiving
from servers; it makes sense to me to have only one flag to turn it
off (if it's normally turned on, with whatever more detailed options).

The setting of 'accept_all_cookies' doesn't matter while 'cookies' is
FALSE [Is sthis strictly true??], but that's nothing unusual.  There
are more options/flags that only have an effect if other options/flags
are set (especially things like restrictions).

Maybe the flags are infelicitously named.  It should probably be
made clearer that 'accept_all_cookies' only has effect if 'cookies'
is on.

   Klaus