Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.23: extended INCLUDE syntax broken for DOSPATH
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:27:46 -0400 (EDT)

>  As for quoting, if we will accept this approach, we have to do the following
> (to guarantee backward compatibility on DOS and VMS) -   don't look for ':'
> if
> name is unquoted, and look for it if quoted. And how users will be able to
> quote filenames with '"' in them - the '\' is already used on MSDOS, so we
> have to invent another escape character if we accept  quoting...
or just double the quote
        "filename"      -> filename
        "file""name"    -> file"name

> PS: as date header of your letter says, you start working very early (or stop
> working too late) - is the header correct?

both - Saturdays I work (depending on other things) from around 0600-0700 to
around 2200-2300, get online briefly around 0700 on Sunday to check my
email to see what I have to respond to, then resume around 1200-1300 and
work til 2100-2200.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden