Re: lynx-dev change to status line

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev change to status line
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:22:13 -0700

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 01:06:13AM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:

> You see, I don't really know... I'd just prefer to have a choice
> until I'm convinced.
>
>    Klaus

A *run-time* choice!

So we can each of us try it a bunch of times both ways, and
then settle on what we like.

I agree that "..." might be ambiguous.  How about "<SNIP>" or
some such?  Or "{SNIP}", or via other chars usually NOT in
a url.

Best if lynx barfs on those chars if we cut-n-paste the ... version
for a goto-link, so we know instantly we've screwed up.

David