Re: lynx-dev reordered Options

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev reordered Options
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:43:48 -0400

000403 Klaus Weide wrote:
> "General Preferences" should mean "General and Important Preferences"
> or "Preferences of General Importance", though that seems a bit too verbose,
> so it's just implied.

well, if we're going to get it right, let's get it right!
how about `Principal Preferences', `Main Preferences' or `Common Choices'?

you also asked re capitalisation, which may be a problem coming from German,
which capitalises by part of speech to a large extent.
the modern trend in journalism is to capitalise as little as possible
-- which i find very irritating -- , whereas back in the 1700s
any important-seeming word might get a capital.
here, i'ld recommend (subject to the usual argy-bargy) capitalising
All Important Words in Each Line of Heading,
but only the First word in each list-item name,
which seems to be the existing approach.

anyway generally, well done, it's a useful improvement (smile).