Re: [Monotone-devel] net.venge.monotone.experiment.performance

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] net.venge.monotone.experiment.performance
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:16:18 -0700

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 06:43:49PM -0700, Eric Anderson wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith writes:
>  > Well, I _think_ it will work.  You broke SimpleRandomRepo pretty good
>  > with your mkrandom changes :-).  I'm not sure if I fixed stuff up
>  > right; I've been getting weird errors.
>
> What broke in it?  I ran a whole ton of tests on it, and if you didn't
> build mkrandom, it should have behaved exactly the same way as before
> with the arguments you're showing.

You have to pass the mkrandom path to RandomContentSource now, and
while you updated its subclass FileSource and callers, you didn't
update its other subclass EditSource and callers...

"...All of this suggests that if we wished to find a modern-day model
for British and American speech of the late eighteenth century, we could
probably do no better than Yosemite Sam."

This email may be read aloud.