ac-archive-maintainers

Re: An (unfinished) guide to the ac-archive

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: An (unfinished) guide to the ac-archive
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:58:25 +0100

Peter Simons schrieb:
Guido Draheim writes:

 > Hopefully the sync'ing gets obsolete in the very near future
 > however.

Assuming that we both work on the _same_ macro repository -- what is
how it should be, and I guess we both want it that way --, the
synchronization of the macros itself should be trivial. (You could
also check-out the macro repository from savannah directly as part of
your build process. Or, for that matter, I could check-out the macro
repository directly from SourceForge as part of my build process.)

I'd rather see you spend your time helping with this archive than
spending time on yours, obviously. ;-) I will give my best to
accommodate for your requirements and ideas to make sure you are
_happy_ with this archive. In any case, a single point of submission
and a single macro repository should be the least that we aim for.

My current problem: the gnu ac-archive has deleted some macros,
and I wonder if it is good resurrect them. Furthermore, I would
need to clean some formatter to allow to pick up m4 sources
from two directory areas, not just one alone - both can be
solved indeed but there is no need to get hasty. I can slowly
evolve it, and with write-access it is possible for me to do
commits on both sides at the same time easily until everything
is in place to wipe one side and concentrate on the other alone.

 > [tool chain]

The you go to "webcvs", execute "cvs commit", and everything is
online.

I am quite proud of it. :-)

For the moment, I will provide you guys with a mechanism to trigger
the re-build, but eventually, you should be able to download the
infrastructure and say "make" to build everything.

wwoooww. That sounds really big stuff. My compliments. :-)

-- cheers, guido