ac-archive-maintainers

Re: How to deal with current contents

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: How to deal with current contents
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:08:18 +0100

Braden McDaniel schrieb:
On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 20:10, Peter Simons wrote:

Actually, writing "policy stuff" is fun. It has a nice authoritative
ring to it ... As if you knew what you were doing. If I had found the
damned key on my keyboard, I had enumerated the sections with the
paragraph sign (§) they use in legal documents. :-)

Don't let the power go to your head. :-)

well, I am known to be quite a problematic person to everyone
going over-authoritive ;-) there I have the habit to spoil
the show. The same for any rules, it is just the excrement of
a limited set of people done in a limited time with a limited
range of problems in active memory. Everyone should honour
the results of this ex-press-ion, as it is surely incorporating
more reasoning than a single mind can do later when tackling
an actual problem. So, it plays again the old tune of `do the
rule unless you have really good reason to do otherwise` :->
And perhaps, later decisions and reasoing changes the usual
mode of doing things... but for now, we have made some good
success in creating guidelines, oops, policies. :-)=)

have fun, lots of, guido