Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CVS repository synchronization for RefTeX
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 10:37:28 +0100

* David Kastrup (2007-01-07) writes:

> IIRC, Arch had problems on Windows.

Okay, that's an argument.

> And again: the idea was to have
> RefTeX available to the AUCTeX developer community without further
> ado.

Basing the decision on such argumentation would be short-sighted.
What does it help to use a system where people can jump right in but
which imposes a lot more overhead on them in the long run?  We should
not miss the opportunity now to make our lives easier just because
"we've always done it like that."