Re: [AUCTeX-devel] adventures with --prefix, TeX-data-directory and styl

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] adventures with --prefix, TeX-data-directory and style files
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:14:36 +0200

Phillip Lord <address@hidden> writes:

> The main expedient is using the `--prefix' option to the `configure'
> script, and let it point to the personal home directory.
>

> Which I tried and which doesn't work. In the end, I did...
>
> ./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/d/home/phillord/emacs/packages/auctex
>        --with-lispdir=/cygdrive/d/home/phillord/emacs/package/auctex
> --disable-preview

ARG!!!

The installation instructions for Windows quite explicitly state:

       Avoid `helpful' magic file names like `/cygdrive/c' and
    `C:\PROGRA~1\' like the plague.  It is quite unlikely that the scripts
    will be able to identify the actual file names involved.  Use the full
    paths, making use of normal Windows drive letters like ` 'C:/Program
    Files/Emacs' ' where required, and using the same combination of upper-
    and lowercase letters as in the actual files.  File names containing
    shell-special characters like spaces or backslashes (if you prefer that
    syntax) need to get properly quoted to the shell: the above example
    used single quotes for that.

--
David Kastrup