Re: [avrdude-dev] How to add I2C device disable preamble?

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] How to add I2C device disable preamble?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:20:07 -0400

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:00:17 -0400, Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:

unless someone has a zero space way to implement it?

Not a zero-space way, but if it's possible to fit a 4066 still onto
the PCB, couldn't you use the /RESET signal to cut off the SPI
interface from the I²C lines when /RESET is pulled low?

The thing I'm designing is the size of pager, hence the
lack of space.  There would also be a cost issue,
as we are looking to make 25,000 to 100,000 per year.
Cost of 100,000 4066's start to add up to real money,
especially when you only need them once (use bootloader
after program is loaded). :-)

While software might be the most expensive thing in
the Universe, it doesn't take any space...