Re: [avrdude-dev] How to add I2C device disable preamble?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] How to add I2C device disable preamble?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:07:21 +0200

As Eric Weddington wrote:

> > > The issues with vista that I am aware of have to do with
> > > spawning/execing a new process.

> > That probably means avarice is at risk.

> I'm not that familiar with avarice internals. Does avarice spawn
> avr-gdb then?

No, but it forks itself to create that "USB daemon".  This is a simple
way (well, on Unix :) to implement the multithreading that is
essentially required to handle the USB communication on one side, and
run the normal AVaRICE application on the other side.

So it depends on Cygwin's emulation of fork().

But hey, that's certainly the wrong list now. ;-)

> > Of course, if Windows Vista finally saw the light, and provided a
> > driver to access the parallel port concurrently with the print
> > spooler for non-printing jobs, *that* would be great

> I'd like to dream that... ;-)

Ah, you're right.  I forgot for a moment that this would not sell a
single Holywood video.  (This smiley has been left out intentionally.)