Re: [Chicken-hackers] multiple issues in embedded PCRE

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] multiple issues in embedded PCRE
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:04:41 -0500

Mario Domenech Goulart scripsit:

> Stable releases => http://chicken.wiki.br/releases

These may be stable in the sense that the bits in them, exept for the
most recent instance, don't change: but they are not "stable releases"
as generally understood.  They are not specially tested or debugged;
about the only guarantee is that they do actually build.  They may not
work with the current egg repository or anything else.

> Development code =>
> https://address@hidden/svn/chicken-eggs/chicken/branches/trunk

Not chicken/branches/trunk but chicken/trunk.

>    The code from svn trunk is used to build all the eggs once a day.

This is why I say that the HEAD of trunk is the best and most useful
available Chicken, except when it happens to be regressed, in which case
a complaint to Felix will almost always bring a quick fix.

> See more details about these processes at
> http://chicken.wiki.br/periodic-tasks.

The word "stable" does not appear on that page, and IMO should not.

--
John Cowan <address@hidden>             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
It's like if you meet an really old, really rich guy covered in liver