Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU

From: Kent Nguyen
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:35:26 +0000

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 16:26, Martin Coxall wrote:
> > Resistance is futile? heh :)
>
> Coming from somebody with an @mslinux.com email address, I find that quite
> disturbing... <g>

:)

I guess I need to give an explanation for mslinux.com.  My original idea is
to migrate ms and .com business all to linux.

ms stands for Microsoft (people often refer to them as MS or M$)
.com stands for Sun (we are the dot in .com)
linux stands for the people or Open Source (linux is governed by the GPL)

I tried to use all the characters in the domain name to be descriptive about
my business.  ms cannot be trademarked.  .com is probably not (not sure if
Sun has it trademark or not).

There you have it:  mslinux.com

I hope it's descriptive enough to let people know I do migration services
from Microsoft Windows and Sun Solaris to Linux.

--kent