Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU

From: Zeph Campbell
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:31:04 -0700

Well im basing it rather heavily on Java and its ISA, however, i'm trying to
make the runtime system as free form as possible while still keeping things
coherent.

I want to have:

- A native code base class library, with some kinda API, so language porting
teams can write wrappers to these native calls

- All types, including what are usually considered simple types (ints,
floats, chars) would all be objects (because I CAN! =])

- A decent garbage collector (optional, maybe with a command-line switch)

- Maybe another API so language porting teams can (more) easily write
compilers for the ISA.

I have concurrently been writing some kind of 1st HLL for it, based off of
Python syntax.  It goes slowly, but it goes =]  This is also my first
attempt at anything like this.

Cheers
zeph