Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU

From: Martin Coxall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Support Java for .GNU
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:56:52 +0100

> What ever decision is made about this, I would like to
> say that we should not and can not exclude Java from
> our platform,

And in so doing, pollute our system with legal baggage and leave a free
software project at the mercy of Sun's lawyers? I don't think it's worth the
risk frankly, do you?

Any Java programmer worth his salt can learn C# in 30 minutes anyway, and in
so doing often realise what it is that has been irritating them about Java
for so long. This is not a problem.

---
Martin
---

"Where laughing and smiling are not allowed"