Re: [DotGNU]Choice of bytecode spec (was: Support Java for .GNU)

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Choice of bytecode spec (was: Support Java for .GNU)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:11:15 +0200

David Sugar <address@hidden> wrote:

> Personally, I think we need to do both.

Wow!  Yes, you're right.  DotGNU can provide equal support to
multiple bytecode formats, starting right now by supporting both
IL and Java bytecode.

It could happen that every couple of years a new Bytecode format
is invented which is much better than everything that has come
before it.  We certainly shouldn't make a decision now that
will make it difficult to add the newest and best bytecode
format to DotGNU then.

By equally supporting both C# and Java, DotGNU can become a home
both for those Java programmers who decide to migrate to C# and
also for those Java programmers who prefer to continue working
with Java.

We could even have friendly competitions between the C# and Java
teams, which will inspire both teams to move their respective
project forward as quickly as possible.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com