Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...

From: Paolo Molaro
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:57:33 +0100

On 03/14/02 S11001001 wrote:
> DotGNU is not a GNU implementation of .NET, it is a replacement. .NETisms
> like C# and CLI are just things it would like to support. Now I'm going
> high-level here, so bear with me....

Yes, you're going a bit too high, though, speculating on things you
don't know...

> Mono is designed to work with Microsoft's envisioned internet
> infrastructure, with Passport providing auth, and software services over
> their runtime and SOAP. Mono does not work without Microsoft software.

mono doesn't deal with passport at all (nor with any other auth
mechanisms at this time, mostly because we're currently building a
development environment).
The mono C# compiler is self-hosting on Linux, FYI, and our corlib is
expected to compile as well on linux in a few weeks.

lupus

address@hidden                                     debian/rules
address@hidden                             Monkeys do it better