Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:21:16 +0530

If memory serves me right, Paolo Molaro wrote:
> And someone already pointed out that his arguments, if you assume they
> are correct, apply equally well to both mono and dotgnu.
        No, Does mono provide a webservice framework ? -- No you just
tell people to "Use Passport if you need Webservices , Thank you".

Our libraries happen to safely GPL'd -- unlike yours, so MS will
have to GPL their extensions to make it available in DotGNU. But
Mono is different , the copyleft change & Miguel's interview on
MSDN (do you smell something fishy ?). And MS has already recognized
Mono with that interview.

Ximian already makes a proprietary program/plugin (how much more
can another one hurt ?). Tell me about something like this from GNU/FSF.

Portable.NET has proved that you don't need to use any MS tools ,
and we were self hosting in GNU from DAY 1.

So don't talk about DotGNU furthering MS's agenda. Our VM can and will
support JVM in the near future. The work on the JVM bytecode loader is
almost complete ,verification will follow. We're offering you what .NET
promised and more. Mono is offering what MS is "giving".

So if you can't face the truth....you are to be more pitied than censured.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success