Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]More compelling reasons against Mono...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:11:25 -0500

A very short and simple answer is that Mono is designing a C#/ECMA spec runtime to support and operate within the Microsoft .NET framework for web services. We are looking to provide a complete alternative to that entire web services framework using and hosted on free software without the central control points or other deliberate design flaws and also support a C#/ECMA spec runtime under it :).

James Michael DuPont wrote:

Dear DOTGNU members,

Hopefully you take my following question as a postive
one, even if not a informed one :

One thing is not coming out in that articel, how is
DOTGNU different? What is your position on microsoft?

Can you explain how DOTGNU is different than mono in
for those of us who dont know the projects that well?
I am new to this topic,
but for me DOTNET is a marketing campain built around
new technologies. An attempt at brand-naming some good
innovation in technology.

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont